– Max McDade finished 5th overall in the Greensfelder Challenge mountain bike marathon May 13, and competed with a team at the Wolf Creek Challenge mountain bike race this past weekend!
– Brett Westerbeck completed the Rule of 3 challenge with 2 teammates, which included 100 miles of combined road riding, gravel riding and single track riding in 9 hours and 38 minutes, placing 3rd overall as a team!
– Jeanne Steurer and Jason Terry raced the IRONMAN Chattanooga 70.3 race, finishing in 4:59 and 4:55 respectively, and a 2nd place age group finish for Jeanne!
– Sam Finch placed 1st in the A race at the Tuesday Night World’s Criterium in Carondelet Park on April 11, 5th in the World Wide Technology Raceway Criterium (Cat 3) on Saturday April 15, and 1st in the Tilles Park Criterium (Cat 3) on April 16!
– Max McDade placed 17th overall at the US CUP MTB Pro (Cat 2 juniors 15-18) in Fayetteville, AR on April 16!
– David Rosen placed 1st place at the Worldwide Technology Raceway Criterium (cat 4/5 Masters 40+) on April 15, and 3rd at the Tilles Park Criterium (cat 4/5 Masters 40+) on Sunday!
– Mike Bobelak returned to racing after a bit of a break to place 7th at the Tilles Park criterium (open Masters 40+) on Sunday!
– SMTC’s very own Mike Summers and client Elvin Sanders completed their first half marathon at the GO! St. Louis® race! After competing in a series of weight lifting competitions until the end of February, they shifted gears and started training for the half. 4 weeks later they completed the race in 2:02 and 3:02 respectively. Congrats guys!
– Lauren Epley also raced the GO! St Louis half marathon, completing the race in 3:06 to finish her first half!
– Max McDade placed 1st in his age group (under 18) and 3rd overall at the Fools Ride 25 mile mountain bike race in Warsaw, MO on April 1.
– Sam Finch placed 1st in the time trial and 1st in the criterium race at the Mean Green Mayhem collegiate race at University of North Texas in Denton, Texas on Saturday April 1.
– Congrats to endurance client Brett W. for his awesome results at the SKIPPO Half Marathon on November 12, his first half ever! He cruised over a tough course in tough conditions in 1:58:24 for 13th place overall, and 2nd place in his age group.
– Congrats to endurance client Kevin L. for his fantastic results at the IRONMAN 70.3 St. George World Championships in October. He achieved his goal by managing energy, fuel and hydration through the race to be able to finish the race with a negative split on his run! Congrats on a fantastic training year and an amazing race result Kevin!
– HUGE congrats to SMTC athlete Travis W, for his fantastic finish at the OT 100 trail race in October. Travis completed the 100 mile course in 31:02. With the support from his excellent team of pacers (including SMTC’s Heather Rapp), and his family as his crew, Travis powered through using positive mindset and CRUSHED his goal! Congrats Travis!
Congrats to Youth Tri Team member Carter, (pictured left) for his 1st place age group finish at the Copper Dock Biathlon in June!
Congrats to SMTC Youth Tri Team members (pictured right with coaches) Madina, Elise and Emilie on their awesome results at the Tour de Kirkwood on July 28. They raced hard and finished strong after completing a 400m swim, 10 mile ride, and 3 mile run. 1st place in the age group for Madina!