Updated October 26, 2023
– SMTC athlete Adam G. placed 3rd in his age group and 15th overall in the 370 Lakeside Olympic distance triathlon at 370 Lakeside Park, his first race back after competing in youth triathlon. Adam ran a speedy 43 minute 10k to cap off a 2:32 overall time. CONGRATS on your re-entry into triathlon Adam!
– SMTC athlete Jason T. placed 14th in his very competitive age group at IRONMAN Wisconsin, with a total time of 11:38, starting with a speedy swim of 1:06, a 6 hour ride (112 miles!), and a 4 hour marathon. CONGRATS on another awesome IM finish Jason!
– SMTC athlete Devin H. competed in his first marathon at the MO’ Cowbell Marathon in St. Charles this past weekend, finishing with at total time of 3:44, placing 10th in his age group! Usually you can find Devin racing his bike, but he may have caught the running bug! CONGRATS on an awesome first marathon Devin!
– SMTC athlete Travis W. competed in his first Chicago marathon in early October, and held a great 9:00min/mi pace for the bulk of his race! Travis transitioned from training on the trails for ultra distances, to training with a friend for a fast road marathon, and accomplished his goal! CONGRATS on all of your hard work paying off Travis!
– BIG Congrats to Adam Gilmore for completing the 29029 Everesting in Jackson Hole, Wyoming. Adam climbed the equivalent of Mt. Everest by climbing Snow King Mountain 19 times, gaining a total of 29000+ feet of elevation, and covering 32 miles.
– CONGRATS to SMTC athlete Andrew A., for his 4th place age group result in the Olympic distance triathlon at Tri Louisville, his first race back after an extended injury. Andrew completed the course in 2:39, with a super fast bike split of 1:07. CONGRATS on your awesome comeback Andrew!
– CONGRATS to Jason Terry for his 4th place overall result at the Ten Junk Miles Racing 50k Run Road race in Belleville, Wisconsin, with an average pace of 8:40 for 31 miles.
– CONGRATS to SMTC athlete David Rosen, for his 4th place age group result in the Lake Springfield Olympic Distance Triathlon hosted by MSE Racing! Due to the extreme heat, the 70.3 distance race was canceled, so David regrouped and raced the shorter distance, coming in at 2:33, with a super fast bike split at 22+ mph! CONGRATS on a great race despite the distance change last minute! DOUBLE CONGRATS to David for his WIN at the State Championship Time Trial 40+ Masters category! David held a great power output for a 59 minute 40k TT on the bike!
– CONGRATS to SMTC athlete Travis Whitener, for his completion of the Grand Mesa Ultra Trail run July 29! Travis ran 50 miles at elevation (12000 ft), gaining almost 4000 ft of elevation over the 50 mile course. CONGRATS on working hard to prep for this incredible challenge Travis!
– CONGRATS to Claire Reinbold for her amazing accomplishment of finishing the Tahoe 200 Mile Trail race in Lake Tahoe, Nevada! Claire completed the 206 mile race in 100 hours, well ahead of the cutoff requirement. Claire and her crew pushed her pace with minimal sleep (2.5 hours total over the course of 100 hours), minimal rest, stomach distress, heat, cold, overnight, to complete this amazing course! CONGRATS on your hard hard work to prep and complete Lake Tahoe Claire!
– CONGRATS to HUB training client Bryan Sechrist, for his awesome finish at the NedGravel race in Nederland, Colorado last weekend! Bryan completed the 50 mile route which had 5,800’ of climb including one 14 mile sector from 6,500’ to 9,200, in 5:37:05, with some PR sections over last year’s event. CONGRATS on your hard work in the off season paying off in an awesome result Bryan!
– CONGRATS to endurance client Sarah Johnson, for her 2:07 finish in a high elevation half marathon in Colorado on the 4th of July! Sarah raced at elevation (having trained in St Louis) for a 4th place age group finish!
– Brett Westerbeck completed the Rule of 3 challenge with 2 teammates, which included 100 miles of combined road riding, gravel riding
and single track riding in 9 hours and 38 minutes, placing 3rd overall as a team!
– SMTC endurance coaching clients Jeanne Steurer and Jason Terry raced the IRONMAN Chattanooga 70.3 race, finishing in 4:59 and 4:55 respectively, and a 2nd place age group finish for Jeanne!
– Sam Finch placed 1st in the A race at the Tuesday Night World’s Criterium in Carondelet Park on April 11, 5th in the World Wide Technology Raceway Criterium (Cat 3) on Saturday April 15, and 1st in the Tilles Park Criterium (Cat 3) on April 16!
– David Rosen placed 1st place at the Worldwide Technology Raceway Criterium (cat 4/5 Masters 40+) on April 15, and 3rd at the Tilles Park Criterium (cat 4/5 Masters 40+)!
– Mike Bobelak returned to racing after a bit of a break to place 7th at the Tilles Park criterium (open Masters 40+)!
– SMTC’s very own Mike Summers and client Elvin Sanders completed their first half marathon at the GO! St. Louis® race! After competing in a series of weight lifting competitions until the end of February, they shifted gears and started training for the half. 4 weeks later they completed the race in 2:02 and 3:02 respectively. Congrats guys!
– Lauren Epley also raced the GO! St Louis half marathon, completing the race in 3:06 to finish her first half!
Congrats to Youth Tri Team member Carter, (pictured left) for his 1st place age group finish at the Copper Dock Biathlon!